Vintage milk bottle, milk glass tray, glass votive holders, candles, wildflowers; perfection...
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
I'm just going to start off by saying that this project wasn't as simple as I thought:
To plant these things, you have to touch them...
After several attempts bare-handed, I used my coated fillet gloves (made for fishing) to plant & it seemed to help, but I still ended up picking spines out of my hands when the job was finished.
Using a small bag of cactus/succulent potting soil mix, I planted a variety of cacti & succulents in an old galvanized trough feeder. I topped off the soil with gold decorative rocks & scattered various other stones & brooches throughout. It was worth every prick.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
What you'll need for this easy arrangement:
A container (*I used a small wood window box)
Assorted feathers (Most of these are from a craft store, the pheasant feathers are fresh from the game farm.)
Green floral foam (enough to fill the container to about 1/2" to 1" from the top)
& Any type of dried moss
Place your floral foam in the container (to about 1/2" to 1" from the top)
Add dried moss to the top of the foam, filling the container completely
Insert the feathers into the floral foam starting with the longest feathers, working out from the center.
*If you're using an unfinished window box or a wood crate:
I used a Minwax Wood Finishing Cloth in Dark Mahogany to get this rich, warm tone, - I then (after the stain was dry) applied the Minwax Express Clear protective finish in Low Gloss. Minwax made these steps very fast & easy!
& small accent arrangements:
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
My sketch quickly turned into this. I am amazed.
In love with the ceiling.
These cast-iron hooks are from a local gift shop... Made by Creative Co-Op
The stain used for everything is Minwax - Dark Walnut (it has been used for several projects around the house, including the screen door & bar - pictured below.)
Monday, December 16, 2013
We made some changes to June's room this summer & here is my favorite: her pretty new ceiling & chandelier.
We scraped the texture off the ceiling & added wallpaper. I have to say, this was NOT an easy process... it took a team of 4 in this small room to get the paper up. After the wallpaper was up, we added the crown moulding for a finishing touch.
We swapped out the pink tear-drop "crystals" on a fairly inexpensive chandelier with these pretties.
The next step is to spray paint the ornate frames & mirrors above her bed; a not-so-simple task during a MN winter.
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Top left via Style Me Pretty top left, bottom left & right via Tumblr
via Raised in Cotton
Stay tuned for my next post on June's Chandelier & Ceiling sprucin'!